Saturday, March 21, 2009

this CRAZYweek!!

Okay....so this week, I started the Daniel Fast. You can read more about the details of it if you google Daniel Fast. Basically it is a 21 day fast. You can eat fruits, veggies, and nuts. And whole wheat as well such as whole wheat pasta and that sort of thing. Each person can make it best suited to their health and needs. for example, because I have a thyroid disorder, my body needs the nutrients of me drinking at least one glass of milk a day, this is also weird since Im lactose intolerant, but hey, they make lactose free milk now, so it all evens out....yeah, as you can see its a little difficult for me, because I have a few weirdnesses with my body :) On the fast, you are not supposed to have any milk or egg products at all. I make sure that I have at least one dairy a day, so that my muscles will stay strong with my thyroid disorder. Other than that, its just a really basic fast.
I decided to do it for 2 reasons. One, is that I am praying through some things right now and really want the Lords direction. The other is that it is just healthy. Daniel lived this way as a lifestyle, not just a fast. And I want to be living more healthy, exercising more, eating the right things, eating more organically, and this is a great way to help me in that as well. I am baby sitting right now and baby Cadee needs food, this is all for now, more later, when she is not so fussy :)

1 comment: