Sunday, March 22, 2009

Adventures in Babysitting and other news :)

so to continue from my last blog. I babysat this weekend. My friends Donny and Leanne have two kids Ethan is 3 and Cadence is 8 months old. They are 2 of my favorite kiddies on the planet, and since you all know I work with kids alot, thats really saying something :) Ethan and Cadee are my psuedo niece and nephew. I had a great time with them this weekend, MOST of the time. Friday night, Cadee was sick and I had my first experience of projectile vomit ALL OVER. I felt so bad for her, she calmed down and then went to sleep for the night. After this sad event, Ethan wanted some pizza and a movie. So of course, Aunt Becky gave in and we order pizza and we watched some Noggin, which is a kids tv channel. All kids shows, ALL the time. Dora, Deigo, some new show thats like Dora only the girl is japanese. So Ethan ate, and then fell asleep while we were watching TV. Saturday morning came too soon though. Since Cadee had fallen asleep early, of course, as any MOM would know, she then woke up early, well Im the AUNT not the MOM, and so it was not the easiest thing in the world to wake up at 5:45 am on a Saturday :( but for Cadee I did.

Well, Saturday was a stressful and event filled day. Cadee was still very sick and so it made for a hard day. I made healthy meals though and thought I was doing pretty good. Ethan, Uncle Bryan and I had Wheat and Strawberry Pancakes for breakfast, Im on the fast and tried to stick to it with our meals this weekend. Then we had Macaroni and Cheese and Peas for Lunch, which was a little away from the fast, but the day was so hectic and I had no choice. and then for supper we had grilled cheese and tomato soup while we watched Alvin and The Chipmunks. We went to the park before supper...and met up with some of my kids from the church. Allie, Annie, Abbie, and Andie. and Alex and Kenian. It was fun for all the kids.

I am not going to lie, by the end of the night, when Donny and Leanne got back, I was exhausted. Taking care of 2 kids was SUPER stressful!! I love Ethan and Cadee, but I dont think Im ready for the full time job of being a mom. and since mr. right hasnt come in to my life yet, I dont think there is any risk of that happening :) But I did learn that being a mom is seriously a full time job. Its a 24/7 responsibility, and Im so thankful I had a mom who took her job so seriously. So I know its not mothers day, but go out and thank your moms today for all that they have done for your, their job is NOT an easy one at all :) FULL of rewards and I know they wouldnt trade it, but its definetly not easy.

In other news, so for the past few weeks at church, we have been figuring out ministry, what needs to change that sort of thing. I was asked that in August, when the 5th graders move up to 6th grade, that I would start a Middle School Sunday School class. I have to be honest and tell you that when I started in Youth Ministry and all of my years in it, my heart has always been with Highschoolers, I never did much with Jr. High, I didnt really want to. But lately, God has been softening my heart for this ministry. So...today I was doing Childrens Church with the kids and Allie and Annie (Shiana- my nickname for her is Annie), came up to me while the other kids were coloring and said, "Becky, we dont really like Childrens Church anymore, its too little kiddie for us, we were wondering if you could start doing something with us, during kids church time." I had already been thinking about it, but as we sat there and talking, I suddenly realized that these girls need this. These girls, look up to me, which is a huge responsibility in and of itself, but they need someone to step up. They sat and said, we want to do this and we like to do this and they just kept talking about all these amazing ides of stuff they would want to do, and something sparked, they said, "Becky, we need to be bringing more people to church, and if there was something at church, that we knew they would like to come to, we would totally bring our friends". First of all, I was blown away. These girls are like 11 years old and already they have this heart to reach out to their friends. But secondly, I was sad, they feel like they cant bring friends to church because there is not a ministry there for them. Well that HAS to change. We as a church have got to reach out and step up and make ministry where it needs to be.

So after church I found Pastor Dave. I told him of all that the girls had talked about. I found their moms and told them about all that we had talked about and they all said, we agree Becky, lets start it as soon as possible. So, I am going to be working with Middle Schoolers for a while now. It will stretch me and make me grow and I hope that as I grow, the girls will grow too. This is so exciting and I hope and pray that our ministry will continue to grow as God leads and lays it on the hearts of those in the body of Christ.

God is doing some AMAZING things in me as I do this fast, and I am so excited, I think I may extend it for a week!! I am just excited and amazed at all he is doing and cant wait to see him continue to work. God is good, all the time and I praise him for that!

1 comment:

  1. 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th graders are my favorite!! They are so much more teachable, and easier to work with!! The immaturity is more obvious, but it helps that you have more age difference between you & them. I've come to find that they will respect you more for that.
    I agree with you about the kid thing.... I don't think I'm ready for that either:) haha.

    ReplyDelete