Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Start of Something New...

So....in 2000, I started going to Bible College. I didnt know what God wanted me to do when I started, and to be honest, I didnt care. I was mad at him for calling me to this college in Oskaloosa, Iowa, less than 2 blocks from the house I had grown up in most of my growing up years. But, God called, and I went. Soon after being there, I realized that God had much more of a plan that I ever realized. I loved to sing, I was so mad that I was not only at the college I really didnt want to be at, but they didnt even have a MUSIC program!! What in the world???? Slowly, Gods plan came to fruition. I was given the opportunity to be on Deputation Teams. Every weekend, all summer, and during breaks. I LOVED it!!!! I got to sing all the time AND get paid for it. But then, another passion and desire and more than that, a call, was placed on my life through this. A call to Youth Ministry.
I was counseling at camps and leading youth in worship and leading them into these amazing times with God. I was leading small groups of girls and having a great time, and I LOVED IT SO MUCH!!
Then I came back and knew that youth ministry was my call, so I pursued and finished my BA in Youth Ministries in 2005. It was then that I got confused and didnt know what to do after college or where to go, so I began teaching at daycares and preschools. While, I can do this and am not bad at it, its not what God called me to do.
I realized this a few months ago and then God began to speak. He began to show me that where I was working was not where I should be. It was a corrupt place and many wrong things were going on . I began to pray that he would show me his plan and what he had next. So, that he did.
I really started feeling on my heart the call to pursue my masters degree in couseling and further my education. I started feeling that this is what God wanted me to get back into Youth Ministries as he had called me to so many years ago and that this is how he wanted to do it. So, I found a great online school, so I could keep working and go to school at the same time.
But....the people at the school I was teaching in, did not want me to get my masters. They gave me many ultimatums. 2 of which I prayed through and knew what God was asking of me. They told me that if I wanted to keep working there, I couldnt get my masters and I couldnt go to the youth ministry conference in February. Both of which I knew God was calling me to. So, I resigned, it broke my heart, I couldnt hardly stand saying goodbye to my classroom of kids, but God gave me strength and helped me through. I was at the Youth Ministry conference and knew what God was saying, he was reassuring me and loving on me and showing me that I was answering his call and he would honor that.
When I got home I had a job interview and went in today and got the job!!! I start tomarrow. It is at a christian school and a place that is willing to help fund and work out many ministries. One of which I hope will be Life Hurts, God Heals. An 8 step healing program for middle schoolers, highschoolers, and college age/young adult students. Another of which will be a ministry to moms. So much potential and its all because of the amazing God we serve!!!!
More later as God continues to work!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Becky! I am so glad you started a blog. I look forward to hearing how your new job goes! How exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete