Saturday, March 7, 2009

coffee house, public library and pjs :0)

Okay, so my brother and I, back in October of this year, got our own apartment together. We both wanted so independence and thought that this way, we could split the bills and it would be alot easier on both of our wallets :) As most of you reading this, should know me pretty well, you know that my brother is like my bestfriend. Living with him has been fun most of the time and at times challenging, as you know that sometimes bestfriends fight, and my brother and I have our fair share of them as well :) All that being said, I love our new place. ITS SO BIG!!! We each have our own large rooms and we each have an office space now as well. It is great!! But..with all great things, come trials sometimes as well. Our trial this week has been our internet.

Now, my brother is graphic designer, so at work all day he has access to the internet and can get things done. This girl here, I work at a daycare all day, and I LOVE it it by the way. I feed, hold, and rock the babies all day,its a welcome change from what I had been doing, teaching full time. ANYWAYS....I am also seeking to get my masters in School Counseling and started classes in February for this. So I NEED the internet everyday. Well Thursday night we didnt have it. My neighbor Sarah is also getting her BA online, so we both had homework and no way to hand it in. So we decided to go to the local coffeehouse, Smokey Row. Now, as you also know, my brother used to work there and pretty much everyone there is our close friend, so going there is fun, however, not condusive to getting much studying done. But we managed. I was in my pjs, but it was okay. I kinda liked it :) and since you all know how much I like fashion, its not like everythign didnt match anyways :) Well, we got some stuff done then, but had to go back to the coffeehouse last night as well. Now friday nights are concert nights and last night was one of the worst Id ever heard.

There was a lady playing and a band and they just were horrible. I am not trying to be mean in anyway, and I know that since my brother and I are both musicians, we tend to be critical at times, but this time, it REALLY was bad. So I tried to get this project done, but didnt quite get it completed, and it was also night #2 that I went to the coffee house in my pjs :) This time a bit embarassing, but listen, when you loose your internet at your apartment for 5 days, you have to do what you have to do. So, this morning, I had to sacrifice my usual Saturday morning sleeping in, because I had to wake up to come to the public library to finish my project and send it in. and of course,day #3 of being in my pjs in a public place :) I feel like such a scrub, but hey, its kinda like being in college again :)

I am actually LOVING being in school again and cant wait to do more classes and obtain my masters soon. I will get to work with Middle and Highschoolers everyday. I will have my masters in school counseling, speicalizing in Jr. and Sr. High age. I cant wait!!! And I love all the stuff that I am learning already. It has been amazing and fun!!!

Any of you who knew my in college, knew that socializing was #1 to me, my classes, not so much. You would be shocked at the change in me. I forego hanging out with friends so that I can finish a project or discussion for class. I would rather read a book than watch TV!! I am so disciplined in this and I love it!!!

So that is my life right now. Sometimes I have to be a scrub, sometimes I have to focus on an assignment, but all in all, I LOVE IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment