Tuesday, March 10, 2009

council meeting...new beginnings...and allergies :(

this week, although it has just begun, has been one of ups and downs for me. Well, for those of you who know me, you may already know this, but for those of you who dont, I have a HORRIBLE immune system. I get sick really easily, all due to my underactive thyroid....which thank goodness with medicine, is finally under control now :) but back to my point...so I get sick alot. And for the past year or 2 I have been getting HORRIBLE allergies as well. So this season is no different and thanks to my crappy allergies, I have been not feeling the best for a couple of days now. Good news is, once I start of my wonderful prescription allergy medicine, I should be fine again. Thus, part of my week has been on the down side.
Down side and upside on this next one...we just got home from a 3 HOUR council meeting!!! Now normally, I would be angry and say, there is no way it should be this long, and to be honest, getting home at 10:40, and my whole night being gone, not the best. But its exciting too, because our church is changing. Its moving and people are ready to let God work and that is just so awesome!!! To let him help us reach out to our hurting community, heck, I would sit through a 5 or 6 hour council meeting for that :) God is moving in our church and Im excited about it!!!
As for new beginnings, well, this is just it. God is moving and he wants to use me to be a part of that. So, I have to step up and LET him use me. He has been moving in such amazing ways these past few days, I just cant express how thankful and greatful I am that he is using me and taking care of me. Its incredible!!!!
I know that song is cheesy, but God will Make a Way, where there seems to be no way. At this time 2 weeks ago, I was sitting on this couch knowing that I would have to say goodbye to all my students after an unexpected turn of events at the school. I knew that I had made the right choice in choosing to resign from my position so I could go on and get my masters, but it still was not an easy choice. I didnt know what God had in mind, where he was going to take me, what he was going to do, how he was going to use the conference I would be going to that weekend to bless me. I had questions in my mind that I didnt even BEGIN to know the answers to, but God did and he gave me such a peace in my heart, that I knew great things were going to happen. God has not even begun to use me yet. I heard my favorite song on the radio 2 times yesterday, its an old one...but I LOVE to sing it, because the words are so real to me....here they are for all of you to read.

IF YOU WANT ME TO:

The pathway is broken
and the signs are unclear
and I dont know the reason
why you brought me here
But just because you love me
The way that you do
Im gonna walk through the valley
if you want me to

Cuz Im not who I was
When I took my first step
and im clinging to the promise
YOURE NOT THROUGH WITH ME YET
so if all of these trials
bring me closer to you
then I will go through the fire
if you want me to

So when the whole world turns against me
and im all by myself
and i cant hear you answer
my cries for help
ill remember the suffering
your love put you through
and i will go through the fire
if you want me to.

I am so thankful that God is not through with me yet and whatever comes my way, if it is for his glory and if it will bring me back to him....then I will do it!!!

1 comment: