Saturday, January 7, 2012

Everyone has a twin...and I think youre mine :)

Well, I have to tell you all that I am quite proud of myself right now. I gave myself this challenge to write a blog everyday and so far, I have done just that :) Tonight, I am writing about the friend I have known for the shortest amount of time, but it feels as though we have known each other all our lives.

Trista was the bestfriend I had while living in Sumner. I had many friends there, but none that were as close as Trista. I do not think that one day went by that we didnt talk to each other :) Trista was a significant friend too. You see, moving to Sumner was the first time I had ever moved away from home. I was living completely by myself. I knew some of the people there and had friends from college in the town. But I was so worried that I wouldnt find any of those really close friends, you know? The ones that when you are sick or scared you can call them and know that they will answer. Those friends that you can just lean on no matter what.

Trista was that friend to me. It is so funny because it did not take us anytime at all to get to know one another and really begin to confide in each other as well. I cant even tell you how many times we were out together and someone would ask, "are you 2 sisters?" I think both of us felt like we kind of were. If there is one thing that I miss most from Sumner, aside from the amazing kids I worked with, its our famous talks.

Most of my afternoons, I wouldnt go home after work without first stopping at her house. She has 6 of the most amazing children on the planet :) Each of them with their own personalities, and those kids are another thing that I miss so so much.

Austin was in my youth group and we had some great times together. I dont want to go into great detail but I will suffice it to say that I know that part of the reason I was in Sumner was for Austin and the trials that he would have to face while I was there. It was amazing to me to see that some of the very things God had allowed me to go through in my life had totally prepared me to be there for Austin and to care for him more effectively. I still remember the day that Austin and I went to buy video games for the youth group. We drove an hour away to GameStop and it wasnt even that much of an event, but we had SO MUCH FUN!!! And Austin was my road trip partner to camp and back this year! I was so sick during this time and I was going through so much that God was speaking to me, I was not a fun person to travel with, but Austin took it all in stride and still loved me anyways :)

Aidan is in 2nd grade this year. He and I had so fun moments together too :0) I got to babysit one night and after all the other kids were in bed, we stayed up watching Americas Got Talent and other videos too...He cuddled in with me on the couch and looked up at me and said, "Aunt Becky, I love you, Im glad you moved to Sumner." I loved being their Auntie :) That kid made me laugh so much!

Then there are the triplets, each one of them a little different.
Theres Noah, who I thought didnt really like me that much :0) He didnt hug me or run up to me when I came like the others did. But right before I left, he told me that he loved me and was going to miss me. He said some of the funniest things. That kid is hilarious and reminds me of my brother ALOT! He is always cracking jokes and making other people laugh, if someone is hurting he wants to make sure they are okay, and he is totally content playing by himself. I cant wait to see him grow up someday, and if he is like a Bryan Canny when he grows up, refer back to this blog, because I called it!
Ethan is so fun loving! That kid doesnt sit still very often. But some of my favorite moments with him are when we would read together. He would bring me books and we would just sit and read and of course the teacher in me came out right away :) Ethan is so smart. and he was always trying to learn more. Asking questions about things, exploring things, he is a learner through and through and he holds a very special place in his Aunt Beckys teacher heart :)
Nathanial is a very special boy. Now I love all of those kids like they are my real nieces and nephews, but I am going to be honest and tell you that Thano and I have a special bond. Thano was my cuddler. He didnt cuddle with many others, maybe part of why I felt so special :) Because he LOVED to cuddle with Aunt Becky! Thano and I would read together, play with toys together, pretty much anything little boys love to do :) I love that boy.
And finally, little Hannah, she is the only little girl. And a very girly girl at that :) she loved dollies and dress up and all things girl. I still remember the time Hannah got very sick, and she was in the hospital for several days. Those were some of the days that Trista and I got the closest, I had freedom at my job that I could go and spend time with her at the hospital and we had such great talks :) But seeing that poor little girl suffer, her Aunt Becky would have done ANYTHING to make her feel better! But hopefully by helping her mommy feel better, she felt better too :0)

I share about all of the kiddos because I feel that it is a full reflection of the amazing woman that Trista really is. She is raising some of the most adorable and loving children ever. And she will soon by homeschooling all of them :) I want to make a quick shout out to Steve, Tristas husband too! Steve knew how close Trista and I were and tolerated our many nights of talking for hours :) and didnt even get annoyed, or if he did, he was sure silent about it! and Steve even started talking to me shortly before I left :0) Youre a fun guy Steve! Thanks for letting me steal so many hours away from you and Trista time :)

Trista and I spent ALOT of time together. Sometimes it was as simple as going grocery shopping together. And though it may seem insignificant to everyone else, those were some of my favorite moments. We would have such great talks on the way to the store and back. Living in Sumner, you must know that you have to travel at least a half hour to get to decent grocery store! We went shopping for clothes, we had dinner dates, all in all we had alot of fun in whatever we did together!

Trista and I were able to be fully ourselves around each other, holding nothing back :) There were some trials and dark times for both of us during our time there and again, we were able to be there for one another. Trista listened to me for hours when I was going through many different struggles and she gave me some incredible advice. You see, many of the things I shared with her, I had never shared with anyone else in my life, but she was that person who cared about me and my bestfriend! And the greatest thing, is that I got to be that for her as well.

In college, Meggan, my bestie talked to me about about politics trying to get me to understand how important it was. I got it, but to be honest, and it is horrible to say, but I guess I just didnt care :( sorry Meggie, please dont hate me. However, it was Trista who got me on track for this. This year, I have daily looked at the polls, I have become very informed about all of the candidates and am excited to vote! Thank you Trista for your passion about making a difference :)

Trista, you are one of the most amazing people I have ever met in my life! My living in Sumner was a HUGE step in my life, and I know that if I hadnt had you there I would have never made it through. Thank you for the memories we have together. Thank you for the numerous talks.

I miss you so much. I miss George and Miss B.G. I miss Dance Central for the Kinect and all of you letting me know how AMAZING I am at it :) I miss being able to drive down the street and see you. I miss Taco Days at Schemmels. I miss your children. I miss those lawn chairs that we would sit on outside for hours. I miss all of the Social Concerns projects we got to do together to help those in our community who were less fortunate. I miss doing VBS with you. I miss talking to you about boys and how you had so much confidence in me that I was going to find Mr. Right very soon. I miss you telling me the things that God had shared with you about my life. I miss being able to be there when you needed girl talk. I just miss all of it! You really are my sister :) I guess we dont just look like we could be related, but somehow, with in our talks and such we have actually become sisters.

I love you Trista. I cant wait to get sometime to come and visit you! Tell my boys that their Aunt Becky misses them. Tell Hannah Aunt Becky misses her too :( and you can even tell Steve that I miss him. Trista you are incredible! Thank you for being an irreplaceable part of my life!!

P.S. We didnt take any pictures together while I was there, HOW UPSETTING! When I visit, I will be making sure that we get ALOT of them :) but for now, I took this amazing one off of your facebook :)

No comments:

Post a Comment