Thursday, January 5, 2012

BESTFRIEND!!!

Well its day four of my blogs! Today you get to meet Meggan :)I have always felt in life that you can have more than one bestfriend, for me, I have several. Yesterday you met Shannon, today its Meggan.
Meggan Schwirtz, when I met her, she was Meggan Stoll. We met in college. One of my first memories with her is how we got the nickname that we call each other, "bestfriend". For many times, we didnt even use each others names, just this name. Meggan and I were talking one day and she said, "I dont have a bestfriend" and I said, "I dont either", so we decided, "want to be each others bestfriend?" and we did. I know, it sounds like we were in 5th grade or something :) BUT, it really was that simple for us.
Meggan and I had many things in common. We both LOVED boy bands. We also LOVED romantic comedies, and while I was not as obsessed as she, Dawsons Creek was a large part of our lives. I remember nights where we would go to each others rooms, we would get out her pizza pazazz, the most AMAZING invention EVER by the way!, we put on a pizza to cook, start up the Dawsons Creek and talk and laugh for hours! We would usually end up staying in each others room. She would sleep at one end and I at the other, I dont know how we did it, but we NEVER were grossed out by feet the face or anything, we just LOVED spending time together laughing. Sometimes more serious talks too, crying, but always being together.
Meggan and I had our rough patches too. There was the time I had a HUGE crush on a boy named Greg, Greg is married now with 2 beautiful children and later on would be one of my good friends in college....BUT before that happened, WORLD WAR III or so it would seem, happened between Meggan and I. I told her about my crush on Greg, but see, I was one of about 20 girls at the school that had a crush on the guy and Meggan decided that she was going to tell him about my crush. He didnt talk to me for the next few weeks. Suffice it to say that I was ticked at Meggan for telling him and she was ticked at me for being so ticked at her. We didnt talk for a WHOLE WEEK and it was one of the longest weeks of my life :( I missed my bestfriend. I quickly decided that I couldnt loose her over some guy. No matter how great I thought he was. But boy on boy did we have a doosey of a fight about it.
Meggan and I seemed to always enjoy being the life of the party where we went and when we were somewhere together, it was that much more fun!
Another thing I loved about Meggan was her family. When they came to visit, it was so much fun, and when I got the chance to visit her home, it was always a great time as well. Bridgett, Meggans little sister, who was killed in a car accident very tragically a few years ago. Bridgett was always my favorite :0) She seemed a kindred spirit to me in some ways. She had this love for life that just passed through her whenever you spent time with her. Bridgett and I had a similar sense of humor and we loved to joke around with each other when she was at college. I miss that girl, ALOT. I still remember the weekend she came to visit, I had come down to Meggans room to talk to her and Bridge and her were talking and laughing and goofing around and I jumped right in, all the sudden, in the middle of our conversation, I remembered that someone had invited me to their room for cookies and milk, I just blurted out, "welp, Im gonna go get some coookies", I turned around and left. Bridgett laughed at that for hours and it was a joke that we just seemed to always bring up whenever we saw each other from that point on. The night that Meggan called and told us to come to hospital to see Bridgett after the accident, that was all that went through my mind. Her smile, the laughs we used to have, and I couldnt understand why God would want to take someone who brought joy to so many people. I struggled with knowing what to say. What to do. This was one of those moments, like I talked about yesterday, in my blog about Shannon that all I could do was JUST BE THERE. Meggan didnt know what she needed, and we didnt know what to give her. None of us had felt the pain that she was feeling before. But we all knew we didnt want to either. Meggan had incredible strength during this time and has continued to have as she figured out how to live life without Bridgett.
Shortly after the funeral, Meggan moved back home, but she was really struggling with being alone, God called me at the time to move in to an apartment with her. One of the BEST decisions I have EVER MADE! Meggan was the BEST roommate I have ever had. We loved getting to spend all that time together. We had bunk beds :) and I remember laying for hours talking about things. Sometimes wed talk about Bridgett, and I just hoped I was being the friend she needed and giving her the hope, advice, and encouragement she needed from me. Other nights, wed talk about boys, well okay, Meggan would talk about her finance Trevor and the wedding plans ;) and I would talk about boys. We had many great memories in that place. and because both of us are VERY INTO FASHION...I do remember our closets over flowing with clothes. I dont know how we fit all of our stuff in that place :0)
I had the privilege of being a bridesmaid in Meggan and Trevors wedding and I got to sing in her wedding as well. It truly was a honor that I got to be a part of this day for her. I was blessed that God had allowed me to walk with her during this very difficult time in her life and to see her come out on the other side with joy and excitement. Understanding that life would never be the same, but learning to live her new normal, seeing her take steps in faith with God and that even though it would have been so easy, she NEVER LET GO of God. It was a blessed day! Trevor and I had been very close to. He was a big brother to me, and to see the joy that he was bringing to Meggan, to see how amazingly he held her up during her time of need, I was so proud. That day was truly a day of the Beauty of Surrender in Christ.
To say that it has been an honor to know Meggan and be her "bestfriend", well let me just say, that isnt enough. Meggan, you are truly one of the best parts of my life. You are a definition of a friend, because even though we dont get to see each other physically very often, I know that you are there for me. That you think of me often and that you pray for me daily. I know that you care about my family and my well being. I know that you believe in me, that even when I doubt myself, you believe that God has great plans for me. When I want to give up and doubt that I will ever find the man of my dreams, you hold out hope and actually make plans to be a part of my future wedding. You believe in me more than I have ever believed in myself. And the best part, it doesnt matter how many years go by, when we see each other again, we will pick right back up where we started from and it will be as though no time has passed at all.
Meggan, your strength through the trials you have faced has been a HUGE inspiration to me. It got me through many of the struggles we have gone through with my mom. To know and understand that God is God no matter what our cirrcumstance, you have taught me that. Meggan, your ability to laugh and have joy and spread that to others, it spurs me on to do this for the people that I come into contact with as well. Meggan your faith in God about knowing that Trevor was the man for you, no matter how long you had to wait for him to see it, it encourages me and spurs me on to hold out hope that maybe I just have a stubborn man out there for me too! You are truly one of the bestfriends I have ever had and having you in my life has been a God send, a joy, and just plain AMAZING!
I love you bestfriend. I miss you and long for the times where I could just start talking and know that you would answer me from that bunk bed right under me :) I cant wait to meet your kiddos and be "Auntie Becky" to them :) Im thankful for you and blessed by the impact you have had on my life. You are part of who I am today. Thank you bestfriend. Because of you, I will never be the same :)













2 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This was amazing to read!! But I am also really ticked at myself. I CANNOT BELIEVE I TOLD GREG! I don't even remember that.... I want to say he asked me & I told him. But I just still hate that I told him. Sorry Best friend. P.S. You are the best roommate I ever had! [Shhhhhh.....don't tell Trev! missing our bunk bed days - but not our sleep together in the dorm beds nights. Those were crowded.
    Love you Becky. Now & Always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...Im glad you liked it :) I wont tell Trevy... dont worry. I mean really who wouldnt choose ME as their number one roommate though? :) ha ha ha jk. and yes, the dorm beds were QUITE CROWDED. I totally forgot to mention counseling at camps with you too! So many memories though. Love you too :)

    ReplyDelete