Thursday, March 29, 2012

BUSYNESS....both fun and exhausting!!

I have been SUPER BUSY the past 2 weeks, and to be honest, I HAVE LOVED IT! I am doing alot of ministry and that is awesome! I have been spending time with my dad and that is great! I have gone to see mom and I LOVE that! I have spent alot of time with friends and let me tell you, that has been INCREDIBLE! When I lived in Sumner, I had one very close friend and her name was Trista, she and her family are what got me through! Dont get me wrong, I loved the people there and I knew that they loved me too, but I learned a lesson in ministry that sometimes it can be a VERY LONELY place. People dont want to get close to you because they are afraid if they let their guard down or act like themselves you will judge them because you are the youth pastor. Some people judge the choices you make for the ministry and no matter how much you have seeked the heart of God and trusted him in your decision, if they are not on board, you now have an enemy where a friend used to be. Sometimes you dont know who is your true friend and who is just pretending because youre the youth pastor. THE POINT IS....its been great to be reconnected with friends and family again :) and living in the same town as my BESTFRIEND, well that is irreplaceable, we can go on walks together, we can talk for hours, I can go over to her house whenever I want, we can go get coffee, we can go shopping together, she has even gotten me into working out! Yes while things have been CRAZY BUSY, I wouldnt trade the busyness for the world!!

This also means that I have missed some of my 30 list blogs, so I am going to put mini versions of the ones up to this point on my blog :)

Day 2- Name 3 things you fear the most.

1- Okay, let me be honest and tell you that one of my fears is letting people get to close. First of all, I am afraid that when they see who I really am they wont like it. They will think Im some nerdy, crazy person or something. So in that fear, telling you some of my other fears, well Im really letting you in friends :) I fear a great deal what people think of me and I never want anyone to be upset or unhappy with me. HOWEVER, I try to put on this front that I dont really care what other people think of me and Im just going to live my life :) and I will say that there is one area in which I DONT CARE and that is in my faith...what I mean is that I live my life unappologetically when it comes to living for Christ! When he calls me and asks me to go, I go and I dont care what anyone else thinks or says.

2- I have a HUGE fear of......SQUIRRELS!!! This is a legitmate fear. Those of you in college with me will be laughing your heads off here :) Some of the guys learned of my fear, and Im serious when I tell you that now Im scared to death squirrels will be popping up all over in my life and I AM FREAKED OUT! I dont know where the fear started, but these disease carrying, rats with bushy tails are the NASTIEST creatures on the Earth in my opinion and I REALLY HATE THEM!!!

3- I have a large fear of large bodies of water. I however, I am getting over this fear. I went swimming 6 TIMES this summer!!! and I actually enjoyed it!!! But I still have this fear, because I never learned how to swim, that somehow I will drown and that FREAKS me out!

4- because I am different than everyone :) I am a person who has issues of anxiety. That is something I dont like to let people know either, but I have fears often that something bad is happening to my body, some mysterious illness that i dont know about like cancer or something. My mother was recently diagnosed and is in remission! But is scares me to death that I might have that and not know it! or that I have heart issues and one day my heart will just give up and Ill have no clue I had them. I know its CRAZY, but It does scare me :( Im working on it though. I am a creation of Christ and should live in freedom with him!!!


Another list was to tell your relationship with your parents. As I already wrote a long blog about them, I wont do that here. But I will say, I have 2 of the SWEETEST, MOST AMAZING, WONDERFUL, GOD LOVING AND SERVING PARENTS IN THE WORLD!!!

another list was to tell you 5 things I am passionate about:

1- MY RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD- in my life, no matter how crappy anything else gets, my relationship with God means more to me than any of it! I have been a Christian since I was 5 years old and I praise God often that I had parents who took me to church and told me about Jesus all my life so that I never had to live my life without him.

2- Youth Ministry- I LOVE WORKING WITH YOUTH! I am a youth pastor at heart and I always will be :) I have a passion and desire to help those youth in our culture who desperately need it! The youth in our culture need people to reach out to them and pull them close to God in whatever way it takes!

3- My family. My family means more to me than anything else in the world! I am greatful for the parents and brother I have! I wouldnt trade them for the World!

4- My friends- I LOVE MY FRIENDS! The friends in my life are a HUGE blessing!!

5- My Church- I am very thankful and passionate about the church I serve in. Its not perfect, and no church is, but I have a passion to serve God and let his name and Glory be shown in our church in as many ways as possible!!!


Thats it for now, More to come soon!!!

Love you guys!!!

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment