Friday, July 13, 2012

Theres more to me than pop music and Glee :)

This week has been one of the best of my life! I went to pursue some ministry opportunities and God seems to be opening some VERY BIG doors!! I got to spend time singing in 3 different churches. I got to work with youth. And I got to meet a whole group of people who are loving and serving Christ with every part of their lives! AND I GET TO BE A PART OF THAT!!!! Now prayers come in for me as I seek Gods heart. I know that this is the church he wants me to work in, but just as every person, I start at the beginning, so I will begin work as an intern. This means that while it will be a very rewarding experience, I need to have other gainful employment as well. I know that this is where God is leading me, so I trust him to provide all the details of a home and place to live. But your prayers in this are GREATLY appriciated! As I was spending time with friends this week, I learned so many things about myself and about them. First of all, I realized how lonely I have been in my life. I know that sounds depressing, but its just honesty. I realized that I have friends in my life who genuinely love and care for me and want me to be close to them, just as much as I want to be close to them :) I am going to bear my heart here for a moment and tell you that I am dealing with many insecurities in my life, working through them and trying to move past them. But one of them includes my friendships and people in my life. I just always assume that people dont really want me to be around. That they are annoyed by me and that they just "tolerate" me or something. THIS IS NOT A PITY PARTY, its just the true way I feel. If I call or text a friend, I feel as though they are just going to be annoyed by me or something. Or when I come to visit, they dont really want to spend time with me, but they will sacrifice a few hours so I dont feel so bad :) THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!! That is what I learned this week. Friends wanted me to be around, friends were calling me and texting me and genuinely wanted me there!! It was a great thing to work through! and it was good for my heart. To have friends so excited about my moving to be in close proximity to where they are, THAT WAS HUGE!!!

The second thing I learned is that I try so hard to be who everyone else wants me to be, that I dont often truly take the time to just be myself! But when Im with these true friends, I can be me!! And while I learned alot of new things about them, they learned them about me too. I was talking some friends yesterday while having tea and one friend said "Becky, you really like those bands, we just assumed you just liked boy bands and Glee, you know pop stuff, its great to know more about you." Hints the title of this blog, there is more to me than pop music and Glee :) SO....I am going to share a few of those things with you friends :) I am just reminded of the joy of friendship to learn more things about each other as we grow closer in relationship and friendship! ITS INCREDIBLE :)

So first, I like ALOT of music, here is a list of some of my top bands right now :)

The Civil Wars- I am really enjoying their sound alot
Bon Iver- There is something about his voice that I just LOVE
Coldplay- I have LOVED this band for years
Dashboard Confessional- they are old school, but I just like their sound so much
Nada Surf- which yes I realize is kinda poppy sounding, but I still love it! I didnt say I DONT like pop music :) I just like more things too!
The Fray- again, kinda main stream, but still good
Nickel Creek- they are kinda old school too, but I have LOVED them for years. I like the folk/bluegrass sound of music
Modest Mouse- I know that people would not expect that of me, but I heard them on One Tree Hill once and I was pretty hooked ;)
Gavin De Graw- I know the guy is considered pop, but I LOVE HIS VOICE!!!
Switchfoot- I have listened to them since high school, I didnt like them at first, but I gave them a second chance a couple years ago and went to one of their concerts and I WAS HOOKED!!!
Augustana- GREAT GROUP!!!
Matt Wertz- I just really like his voice and I really like his songs too.
Imagine Dragons- just started listening to these guys a few days ago and they are AWESOME!!!
The Killers- again, one that people dont expect from me, but I like these guys alot
The National- my friend Zach told me about this band, and I wasnt sure Id like them at first, but when I started to listen I realized how AMAZING they are. just very talented!
U2- again classic!
The Black Keys- my brother introduced me to these guys, like them alot
The Beatles- just classic of course :)
Eisley- I love the sound that they have, they are incredible!!!
Adele- I LOVE her voice more than words can say! I wish that I sound like her when I sang!
Leeland- I love the sound of their voices and I love the heart behind their music
John Reuben- he is a Christian Rapper and people dont expect that from me, but he is awesome!!!
Relient K- Great Music and they put on an incredible show too
Nevertheless- I heard them a few years ago at a music festival and they are FANTASTIC!
Death Cab for Cutie-again just a great band :)
Michael Buble- incredibly amazing voice
The Shins- thats right :) I told someone that once and they were really surprised. But I do enjoy them!
Weezer-when I was in college, my friend Fred loved this band, we listened to them together alot and after he passed away in a car accident, I found an even deeper appriciation for them!
Gungor-the words to their songs, the music, the voice, I LOVE IT ALL!!!
Lifehouse
The Goo Goo Dolls
Five For Fighting 
Foo Fighters
Jack Johnson
Kate Voegle

I also like alot of Christian stuff too, because of the heart behind it and some of the AMAZING talent.
Bethany Dillon
Francesca Battestelli
Matt Redman
Hillsong United
Jesus Culture
Chris Tomlin
Newworldsong
Lincoln Brewster
Aaron Schust

I could go on and on, but this is a start, maybe I will make you a list 2 in my next blog just so you can get into my mind a little more :) But from this you should be able to see that there is much more to me than just pop music. :) Please note, I STILL LOVE POP MUSIC and GLEE!! in fact, I listen to One Direction, some old school NSYNC and Hanson, and I actually really enjoyed Nick Jonas' solo album :) So dont worry, Im still ME, but there is just more there than you knew before!!!

I also like more tv shows than just Glee. Alot more. In fact, Im kind of a tv and movie addict :) I have several shows that I am watching and very into right now.

How I Met Your Mother is like my all time favorite show EVER! It makes me laugh, I identify with the characters sometimes too and its just an awesome show!
Gilmore Girls which is no longer on, but what an INCREDIBLE show!
Modern Family is seriously one of the FUNNIEST shows EVER!
Arrested Development which was only on for 3 seasons, is one of the most incredible shows I have EVER watched! Its so funny!!!!
Parenthood is the most well written drama I have ever seen. It deals with real life problems and situations and in a very real way too.
One Tree Hill is an incredible show. Its series ended recently, but it was a GREAT show. very well written and AWESOME music!!
Scrubs its just such a funny show
Community is a show that is both extremely funny and intrigues me alot
30 Rock as you can see I am really a fan of comedies
The Office I just love this show because its funny, its got a great cast and its timeless
Law and Order SVU I am intrigued by this show because I have huge heart for children and adolescents who have been abused. But at the same time, its very har
d for me to watch too!
GLEE Okay now you all knew I was going to say it :) I love it because I was in show choir in high school and it kinda reminds me of some of those times. and although I know much if not all of the music is over produced and is not really how those people sound, I STILL LOVE IT! :) cute guys, who can seemingly sing well and play guitar, sign me up for that show for sure!
The Middle again just another super funny show :)

Okay, so those are my top picks right now for T.V. Shows. I could give you alot more, but again, I dont want you to know too much :)

Other things you may not know about me :

*I have my partial Masters in Child and Adolescent Counseling
*I have training in Austim and Aspergers and have a deep passion for caring for those who have it.
*I only eat Chicken and Turkey and no other kinds of meat.
*I HATE eggs!
*I LOVE spelling and used to be in spelling bees when I was a little girl and won alot of them!
*I love to write as well, not just like writing, but the actual act of penmanship and won many first place awards for it as well.
*I love to read
*I like scrapbooking, I just never get the time to do it
*I LOVE Tea!
*Chocolate is one of my major food groups :)
*Macaroni and Cheese is the meal that I could live on if there was nothing else in the World
*I like psychology and learning more about it and how we as people work.
*I only eat Cheese Pizza
*I have my licence to Substitute Teach in Middle and High School


Okay, so now that we have finished our first date and you know a little bit more about me :) ha ha ha. Okay, but seriously I am so glad that I have friends who want to know me better and take the time to see there is more to me than whats on the surface! Here it is, bearing it for you all :)

Im still Becky C.....but now you know whats underneath the surface!



No comments:

Post a Comment