Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ch...Ch...Ch...Changes!!!

okay, well here goes! I have been kinda MIA from the blog for the past few months. Several reasons why, I have seriously been extremely busy :) and 2 God has been dealing with my heart alot and I have needed some time away. so heres the thing. The past few years have been quite a journey in my life :) My first time moving away from home, my brother and bestfriend got married and moved to another country, my mom got cancer, my dad has had alot of health issues, to say this has been a trial period is putting it mildly :) BUT I WOULDNT TRADE IT FOR THE WORLD!!! Last summer when God asked me to move back and take care of my parents, I didnt hesitate! I was MAD, if I am being honest, but I didnt think twice about taking this step for the people who have done SO MUCH for me in my life! But moving back I knew it was a season in my life! I am learning that phrase very well, "seasons". For me, some of them in my life are long and some of them seem extremely short, but all of them necessary to my growing closer to my savior! Last summer before God asked me to move back with my parents, he had shared some BIG things with me of plans he had for my life, no I bear alot of my soul here in the blog, but Im still not ready to bear all of what he said :) But what I will tell you is that he kept impressing on my heart that he wanted me to consider ministry in the Twin Cities area. For those of you who dont know that means Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota. Now IT FLOORED ME at the time. I have grown up in a small town ALL of my life and now you want me to move to the cities??? I just got comfortable driving by myself like 3 years ago :) However, It was a very clear leading! and there were parts that excited me, 95% of my closest friends live in this area and moving closer to them to be able to have them when I need them and to do life together, to do Bible Studies together and be there whenever we need each other, it makes me excited even now :) So I was willing to follow wherever God may lead. God said to me then, "It will happen, but I have some things you need to do first!" So I moved home. I followed where God led. He helped me find a house for my dad, that he loves! My moms health has improved greatly and I have been able to help tie up some ends with doctors and other tough stuff :( I was able to start a Young Adult Group at our church :) and most of all, I was able to spend some time finding myself again and getting back on track with my savior! The trials and darkness I went through had made me build up alot of anger, bitterness, and resentment toward God and this year has been a year of restoration for my soul and my relationship with God, PRAISE HIM FOR THAT!!!! Well, a few months ago, God began to speak to me again, "Becky, its time to start thinking about the cities again!" "I am ready to reveal my plans for you and I am so proud of you for being patient" :) I didnt know what to think other than to pray. So I did. I prayed alot. and God continued to lead :) I counsel at a camp every summer and God told me very clearly "when you get to camp, keep your eyes and ears open, because I am going to reveal more of my plan at that time!" One week before camp, the youth speaker had to cancel due to things out of our control. In his stead, I was given the humbling honor of being asked to speak!! I was also given the amazing chance to lead worship with Tim Lemmens and his son Zach. All of this was Gods way of speaking to me and using me! It was through this that God began to really show me the gifts he has given me and how he wants me to use them! I have been given several opportunities to be in ministry in the cities and am going to pursue them next week. Would you please be in prayer with me as I seek where God is leading? I know he has great plans and where he leads me, I WILL FOLLOW!!! I thought back on this today and was seeing how Gods timing is so perfect, had I tried to jump ahead, I wouldnt have the opportunities I do now. I am so thankful for Gods timing and his way and even when I dont understand it, I am so excited to follow it!!! OUR GOD IS GREATER! And I cant wait to see what he has in store! More as the store unfolds :) Love you all Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment