Thursday, April 30, 2009

a few of my favorite things....

so lately, one of my favorite times of the day is my 30 minute break from work. First of all, because I LOVE my new job and enjoy working at the daycare. and second of all, because at Headstart, where I worked before, I NEVER really got a break. I enjoy sitting in my car most days, sometimes eating a lunch, sometimes snacking on organic and healthy snack foods and sometimes just sitting in the silence and talking to God. Some days I read books, some days I read my Bible. but all days, I feel refreshed and feel that I have met with God, and even 30 minutes in his presence, changes me.

I love this new time in my life and growing. I love working with the babies and thinking about someday (hopefully soon) getting to meet my husband and start our own family. Which for me is good, because I have been scared to dream for so long, I had kind of forgotten about these dreams in my life, or had somehow told myself to push them away when they did come, because the reality of them coming true was not existent, so somehow believing it was just letting myself down. Yesterday, I sat and actually wrote in my journal some names of children that I like and would like to use someday when I have my own children. It was refreshing to dream again.

My health has been improving a great deal too. Less muscle pains, and alot of the hormonal issues that I was dealing with and concerns the doctors had, God has allowed my body to adjust and things are going really well for me right now. I praise God, that although this road of health issues has been long, almost 2 years now, he has been FAITHFUL to me. Faithful as I find out some medicines that work and some that dont work at all. Faithful as I felt so crappy some days, he was there with me. Faithful as I had to miss several days of work at a time a few times, my employers were all understanding. And faithful to provide for me, just when I need it most.

Im thankful I serve a great God and thankful I have made the time to spend with him lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment