Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Fast is Over....but my new life with Christ has just begun!!

yesterday,was my first day being off of the fast. And I was excited....I mean to eat some of the foods that I had missed. I got to eat some chocolate ice cream cake with double fudge that some friends from church brought me, because they knew my fast broke. The people at work made a nice breakfast of eggs, sausage, and pancakes. And, there was a soup supper at church last night with pie too. I had a fun time....eating all the foods I had missed. However, I had a sadness in my heart as well. A sadness that my sacrificial time for Christ was done. But, its not. Some people I know, after they do a fast, they let life go back to the way it had been before, but I refuse to do that.

I still want to sit in my car everyday at lunch and read my Bible and do devotions, just to spend some extra time with God. I still want to be learning more about Christ and be in constant prayer about the issues of my life, and allowing him to be in complete control. I am his and he is mine and my relationship with him is important to me. Growing closer to him is the single most important thing in my life right now.

As I think about the fast and some of the things God has spoken to me, given to me, and shown me, I am thankful and amazed. I dont want this to be the end of God working in my life. and I dont want this to be the end of my treating my body with more respect as far as what I put into it and eating in a much more healthy manner.

God has been doing some great things. Speaking to me about new ministry opportunities and placing them right in my lap. Showing me who he wants me to be. and allowing me to realize that it is okay to dream again. I am learning so much about the character of our God, its funny, but its kind of like being in a new relationship. I look forward to my times with him. I get excited to learn something new about him. I long to have more time with him. And I long to show him how much I love him. I want EVERYTHING I do to be a time of serving Christ.

Also, I am learning that he really does have a perfect plan for me and allow there are days that I struggle to see why I am still in Oskaloosa, why I am still single, and why I am working at a daycare instead of full time youth ministry, he leads me, he shows me that he has a plan in mind for me. He is using me right where I am at. In a new middle school ministry, which is both scary and exciting all at the same time. he is using me to reach people at work, that would not otherwise be reached. He is using me, every time I let him.

I am so thankful to Christ for the great friends I have. The great ministry I have. and the great love that he shows me each day of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you! I am now a follower of your blog! I miss hanging out with you. When I get back to Iowa I will call you and see if we can set up a day to hang out...without my kids. I need some time with friends without my kids. Hope your masters work is going well. I'll talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete